Sherry began her writing career when she combined her passion for food, travel, and history. She penned her first book, Taste of Tombstone, in 1998. That same passion landed her a monthly magazine column in 2009 when she began writing her food column in True West entitled, Frontier Fare. It includes details of food, drink, businesses and related stories in the Victorian West as well as a historic photo. She is a culinary historian who enjoys researching the genealogy of food and spirits. Visit her book page to see all her publications.
She is the past president of Western Writers of America (2014-2016) and holds memberships in the James Beard Foundation, the Author’s Guild, Single Action Shooting Society, and the Wild West History Association. Sherry is also a professional genealogist and an honorary Dodge City marshal.
- 2018 Bronze Will Rogers Medallion, Golden Elixir of the West
- 2018 Gold Will Rogers Medallion, Tinsel, Tumbleweeds, and Star-Spangled Celebrations
- 2016 Gold Will Rogers Medallion, The Cowboy’s Cookbook
- 2010 Wrangler Award, Wyatt Earp documentary, History Channel
- 1999 Glyph Award, Taste of Tombstone