Sherry Monahan is the author of these published books on the Victorian West:
- Mrs. Earp: The Wives & Lovers of the Earp Brothers
- California Vines, Wines & Pioneers
- Taste of Tombstone, which won two 1999 Glyph Awards
- Pikes Peak: Adventurers, Communities and Lifestyles, an AASLH finalist
- The Wicked West: Boozers, Cruisers, Gamblers, and More
- Tombstone’s Treasure: Silver Mines & Golden Saloons
- Tombstone’s Self-Guided Walking Tour
Sherry’s next book is called, Frontier Fare, and is based on her True West magazine column with the same name. It will be released September 2014.
She is currently working on When the Rich West West (formerly, To California and Back), which is a true story of an aristocratic family who settled the rugged land of Lake County, California in the 1880s. Read a preview in this issue of True West magazine.
Sherry has been on the History Channel in many shows, including Cowboys and Outlaws: Wyatt Earp, she co-hosted an episode of the Lost Worlds: Sin City of the West (Deadwood), Investigating History and two of the Wild West Tech shows. She was given a Wrangler in the 2010 Western Heritage Awards for her performance in the Cowboys and Outlaws show.
Other publications include the Tombstone Times, Tombstone Tumbleweed, Tombstone Epitaph, Arizona Highways, and other freelance works. She was a contributor to The Best of the Best of Arizona and Encyclopedia of Prostitution and Sex Work and Best of the Best from Arizona.
In addition to her Victorian west books, Sherry has written three local history books on North Carolina towns. They capture the history of Apex, Cary, and Southport through 200+ images and historical details and recollections.